Hi Beautiful Friends!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I have some exciting news to share . . . my girl Gillian and I are joining forces to support one another on a month long detox program. We have decided to embark on the CLEAN program, by Dr. Alejandro Junger.
Some of you may remember that I did this cleanse in the past. I was really, really impressed with the program, but didn’t do the full 3 weeks. I didn’t follow the program as strictly as I had wanted to so this time I would really like to focus on really true to the “rules”. Speaking of “rules” for those of you interested, the general “rules” are as follows:
* Each day you have 1 solid meal (at lunch) and two liquid meals (breakfast and dinner). Liquid meals can be a shake, juice or soup. The book outlines all of the foods to include and exclude but generally speaking you are removing all packaged and processed foods, common allergen/irritant foods, inflammatory foods, highly acidic food, caffeine, alcohol and hormone filled meat, dairy and egg products. The plan is focused on creating an alkaline environment – so lots of plant based, anti-inflammatory foods are being consumed.
* Follow the “12hr window” – always leave at least 12hrs in between your last liquid meal in the evening and your first meal the next morning. This allows for true detoxification to occur in your body.
* Drink plenty of pure water throughout the day (approx 2 liters) – a good rule of thumb is to drink enough to be peeing approx. every hr. Avoid caffeinated drinks but can include herbal teas and lemon water (on top of the recommended water).
* Supplementation – I will do a separate post on the exact supplements I am taking during this cleanse but I will be taking a fibre supplement, probiotic, and liver support supplement.
* Snacking is allowed – but it is important to consider whether it is true hunger or just a habitual urge or desire to eat (I am super, super guilty for this!!! So am excited to really focus on really learning about my bodies hunger cues). Good foods to snack on are whole fresh foods such as veggies, veggie juice, apple or celery with almond butter, etc.
Those are the general guidelines, but I highly recommend purchasing the book if you are interested in the program. It has SO much useful information. I am going to be using my blog as a journal to keep track of my progress throughout the program – I will be blogging my daily meals as well as doing some Vlogs to recap how my journey is going. I’ll also do some posts on some meal and snack ideas as well as show you the supplements I am taking. If you are interested in joining me – even in a small way (even just adding in one green smoothie per day) please let me know and I’ll add you to my support system! (email me – firstname.lastname@example.org )
I’ll see you tomorrow for a re-cap of my first day!!! Eeekk!! So excited!!!